Head of Data
Who are we ?
Animaj is an entertainment company producing and licensing animated stories, characters and fictional universes for all children.
We collaborate with top independent YouTube creators to accelerate their growth and help them establish their stories as global brands.
Our business model is to acquire and scale high potential IPs (universes, characters, and stories), facilitating distribution on over 100 streaming platforms, including Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, Sky, Roku,, and develop brands via content licensing, merchandising, original productions, and brand partnerships.
We are backed by a world-class team of investors including XAnge, Daphni, and some of the best tech business angels ; we have just closed a € 5M pre-seed round.
As Head of Data, you will lead the establishment of Animaj's Data Science, Analytics, and Data Engineering organizations. You will collaborate closely with our co-founders to instigate a data-first culture, upgrading Animaj's approach to data analytics, modeling, and data engineering.
Animaj is looking for a senior data leader to build and lead a team of data scientists and engineers that will collaborate with operations, M&A, digital marketing, and other cross-functional teams to address critical questions on the identification of business opportunities, the understanding of audiences, and entertainment content trends, and the identification of high-potential IPs.
You will be responsible for developing and managing a function that will provide critical insights to our acquisition and content development teams.
You will report directly to the co-founders, and will be responsible for executing the company's data culture and strategy.
- Establish a data function, to build and adapt statistical, machine learning, and optimization models. The data function will be at the core of the data-driven M&A process and content improvement strategies.
- Manage, hire, and coach a top-class data science, machine learning, and data engineering team.
- Collaborate with Operations, M&A, Digital Marketing, and other departments to define challenges mathematically.
- Establish cross-functional collaboration and enable data-driven decision making at Animaj.
- Collaborate with our co-founders to develop and implement data-driven business strategies, as well as to create Data roadmaps.
- Provide Animaj with a competitive advantage from intelligence and data, to build the leading Kids entertainment company (think of what Believe did for the music Industry!).
- Excellent educational background in qualitative disciplines such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related quantitative field
- 10+ years of expertise solving tough business issues using quantitative research, machine learning approaches, or other theoretical frameworks
- 4+ years of experience managing teams of 10+ persons in data science, analytics, or engineering
- Expertise of leading and inspiring a team that turns intricate datasets into actionable business and product insights
- Significant experience architecting data infrastructures from bottom up
- Great at explaining complex mathematical concepts and issues to non-experts
- Ability to influence the prioritization and execution of high-impact initiatives that have a direct effect on the customer experience and revenue
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- English proficiency and experience working in a multinational environment
- First Interview with our CEO
- Case Study
- Interview with our three co-founders
- Stock Options - We want all of our early employees to participate fully in Animaj's success.
- Health Care - We provide totally subsidized/covered health care.
- Remote Policy - Dedicated to your work-life balance, we offer 2 days remote and 3 days per week at the office. Why ? Because we think that magic occurs when people work together, but we also believe that there are times when you need to be able to work uninterrupted.
- Work environment - A stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, autonomy and leadership.